If this Privacy Notice is received by a data subject through email, it shall be deemed accepted unless the data subject responds within 15 days from receipt of such email stating its non-acceptance of the terms herein.
PERSONAL INFORMNATION PROTECTION NOTICE
1. Full name (first name, middle, name and last name)
3. Contact numbers (telephone or mobile phone)
4. Email address
7. School graduated
8. Year graduated
9. The number of times the enrolee took the bar exams
10. Whether or not on an enrolee took a refresher course
1. Information provided to Jurists in the course of participating in surveys, wherein the participants have the option not to give any personal information.
2. Camera visual recordings, when an enrolee attends the bar lectures in the review venue, if facial or any identifiable feature is visible during the video recordings, in which case such person hereby gives consent that his/her facial or any identifiable feature in the recordings be included in such recordings for video playback purposes.
3. Subject (of the query)
4. Message (the query)
PURPOSE OF COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Jurists collects and uses personal information only as necessary for the purposes for which it was obtained.
Jurists uses and collects personal information for the following purposes:
(1) Documentation and processing during enrolment in any of the review programs of Jurists and the bar review;
(2) Issuance of certificate for refreshers;
(3) Coaching (assignment of coaches to enrolees);
(4) Communication and information (answering queries in the Jurists’ website and sending of important updates through email and other means of communication available to the enrolees);
(5) Security of enrolees (to ensure that only those who are enrolled can enter the review venue by providing enrolees with identification cards during the bar review);
(6) Statistical and historical data purposes (such as, but not limited to, the use for publishing reports in the Jurist website of (i) the percentage of Jurists bar passers, (ii) the names of Jurists’ bar passers and their testimonial in the Jurists’ website).
The information collected as provided herein shall be retained only for as long as necessary for the fulfillment of the foregoing purposes and within five years thereafter. Such retention for another five years shall be for the purpose of establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims that may arise in the course of enrolment on any of the review programs of Jurists. Unless requested to be removed by the person concerned, the names of the Jurists bar passers and their testimonials shall be available in Jurists website, for historical and statistical data purposes only.
HOW THE INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
Jurists also collects non-personal identification information about internet users whenever they interact with Jurists website for analytics purposes. Non-personal identification information may include the type of browser used to access the site, the type of computer or device, and other technical information used as the means of connection, such as operating system. This type
The information collected shall be used primarily to improve the website. Information such as pages most frequently visited, and technology used to access the website, may help the site handlers determine which aspect of site development or content creation to prioritize.
FAILURE TO SUPPLY PERSONAL INFORMATION
The failure to supply such personal information required, in such form as may be provided by Jurists may result in not proceeding with the enrolment in any of the review programs of Jurists, or may result in not receiving the answer to queries, notices or services requested.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Jurists has a data sharing agreement with Jerome MCLE Corporation (herein referred as Jerome) and Justin Pre-week Review Corporation (herein referred as Justin). These companies are partners of Jurists in providing mock bar examinations, coaching and pre-week bar review services. Information of enrolled reviewees are given to Jerome to conduct mock bar exam and coaching for bar reviewees. Information of enrolled employees are given to Justin to conduct preweek bar review classes. The data sharing agreement of Jurists with Jerome and Justin ensures the existence of the rights of the data subject as provided in the Data Privacy Act of 2012, including the right to access and correction, and the right to object.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION REQUEST BY THE DATA SUBJECTS
Jurists may provide access and allow the correction or removal of personal information of its data, upon a written request received which should be submitted to Jurists in a form called Request Form for Access and/or Correction of Retained Personal data in JBRC’s Possession. Such form should be filled out and should be sent to the Jurists’ Data Privacy Officer (DPO), Lea Mariquina, in her email address or at her office at:
Data Privacy Officer
Jurists Bar Review Center
G/F Azucena Arcade, 255 Alabang-Zapote Road, Las Piñas City
For a copy of the Request Form for Access and/or Correction of Retained Personal data in JBRC’s Possession, an email should be sent to the email address of Jurists’ DPO as provided herein. A copy of the form should be provided by the DPO through email within 7 days from receipt of the email request.
Within 30 days from receipt of the duly completed request form, Jurists shall respond to the request by stating the action taken on such request.
Jurists may deny requests that are made in violation of any applicable law, rules or procedure enforceable in the Philippines, or when it is discovered that the requestor is not the data subject or is not authorized by the data subject.
Jurists reserves the right to charge a reasonable administrative processing fee for any action done pursuant to a valid request made by a data subject. This fee takes into account the time needed for verifying, locating, retrieving, reviewing and copying the information requested as well as any other associated costs and expenses that may arise from conducting such retrieval.